MANUFACTURING EXECUTION SYSTEM
The MES of Proteo Engineering is built over the integration of basic and dedicated functional modules, interacting to increase the overall efficiency.
The use of the whole module-set reaches the best system performances, however the system allows the implementation even of only one module, leaving the addition of the other modules for following phases.
INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY WITH NO COST INCREMENTI
The Efficiency module alone brings a great benefit to the production control. The MES starting from this first level of implementation provides a wide set of KPI, becoming an important decision support tool.
The Efficiency module provides the following KPIs in one integrated solution :
The Maintenance module makes intelligent the efficiency data collected by the MES, thus analysed to increase the machines availability and reduce the downtimes. It also digitalizes the whole maintenance process, coordinating and monitoring the activities of the maintenance personnel.
The integration of the Maintenance module in the MES allows :
- The automatic creation of a maintenance call caused by a machine downtime.
- Automatic scheduling of the periodic maintenance based on the wear or actual operating times.
- The categorization of stop reason by the maintenance technician, at the end of the intervention.
- Recording of spare and consumable materials
Example : Mobile Application – Writing the maintenance report
This module extends the data managed by the MES also at the level of quality controls on the
product and the process, allowing manual or semi-automatic data collection through an BPM
– Objective quality controls by linking them to process parameters
– Reduce errors of manual entry of traceability data
– Tie the sample checks to the specific production in progress
This module completes the offer of the MES by providing the entire history of production
- Production batches of the raw materials
- The actual dosed quantities of the raw materials
- The codes of the semi-finished products (make) that contributed to the finished product
- Assembly component codes (buy)
- The codes of the tools components used in the processing
- Process parameters actively involved in production
THE FIRST GOAL
REAL TIME VISIBILITY OF INTERCONNECTED PRODUCTION DEPARTMENTS PROVIDING STRATEGIC DATA TO THE PRODUCTION SCHEDULING AND COMMERCIAL DEPARTMENT.
- Monitoring the actual performances of the machines and of the plant using standard metrics such as the OEE.
STOPS AND YIELDS
- Detecting the causes of downtimes, waste and yields to determine the plant productivity.
- Standardizing existing production cycles for the benefit of the overall efficiency of the plant management
- Managing work orders and tracing production flows from the raw material to the finished product, also for inventories and certifications.
- Configuring and digitalizing new work methods by enabling the BPM in a PDCA perspective oriented to continuous improvement
THE MES ENGAGES ACTIVELY THE PLANT OPERATORS.
- Standardization of existing production processes.
OPERATORS MAY FOCUS ON THE CAUSES OF AN INEFFICIENCY OR ON HOW TO IMPROVE THE PRODUCTIVITY.
- Knowledge of the factors determining productivity and inefficiency.
THE DATA ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE BY THE MEANS OF STANDARDIZED SYNTHETIC REPORTS
- Real time feedback on the performances.
MANAGEMENT AND DIGITALIZATION OF THE PRODUCTION PROCESSES (BPM).
CONTINOUS IMPROVEMENT OF PROCESSES BY THE MEANS OF PDCA.
- Digitalization of existing and new processes
THE PROTEO SOLUTION
- Customization based on the needs and priorities of the client company.
- Consolidated and tested technological architecture.
- Use of technologies provided by one of the leaders in the industrial automation sector.
Proteo’s solution allows to satisfy the needs of each customer by customizing interfaces and tailor made reports.
The use of a consolidated technological architecture provides a set of tested libraries that guarantee high reliability.
The engineering and design provided by PROTEO can focus on the production features of each company.
RETURN OF INVESTIMENT
The return on investment resulting from the use of a MES system is reached in a short time.
This result is achieved thanks to three elements :
- The tax benefits of the Industry 4.0 National Plan
- Reducing inefficiency costs
- The introduction of an objective model of continuous improvement based on the PDCA method
- Reduction of waste and non-compliance
- Reduction of rework
- Use of structured procedures
- Reduction of set-up and stand-by times
- Reduction of rework
- Decreasing the order throughput times